1. The average fuel cost across all vehicles is 14.45 cents per mile, or about 23 miles per gallon.
2. The best selling car of all-time is the Toyota Corolla.
3. The U.S. consumes about half of the world’s gasoline.
4. Ferrari manufactures a maximum of 14 cars a day.
5. Although 1886 is credited with being the birth year of the modern automobile, the first gas gauge wasn’t installed until 1922.
6. Every year, over $60 billion worth of car maintenance goes unperformed.
7. The average consumer spends $400 a year on diagnostics, scheduled maintenance, and tune-ups.
8. Traffic congestion wastes three billion gallons of gas each year.
9. The first windshield wipers were hand-operated.
10. The most commonly stolen vehicle is the Honda Accord.
11. White is the most popular car color.
12. The total average repair cost in the U.S. is $305.55, including $202.28 for parts and $103.27 for labor.
13. The average American will spend two weeks of his or her life stopped at red lights.
14. 90 percent of drivers admit to signing behind the wheel.
15. The first cars did not have steering wheels. They were operated by a lever.
16. An airbag inflates within 40 milliseconds of a crash.
17. It takes half an ounce of gas to start a car.
18. Most car horns beep in the key of “F”.
19. The automobile is the most recycled consumer product in the world.
20. Faulty oxygen sensors account for 40 percent of all check engine light related issues.
Related sources: CarMD.com, Yahoo Autos, Visual.ly, PrecisionTune.com, TexasMotorCars.com
It’s a fact of life that cars break down over time. But if you take good care of your vehicle and keep up with routine repairs and maintenance, you can extend the life of your vehicle. Most people don’t even think about vehicle maintenance until something goes wrong. Following repair procedures can also help avoid […]
With Monday’s announcement that auto retailers planned to recall roughly three million vehicles due to airbag issues, the auto industry has set the record for the number of recalls in a year, and we’re not even to July. According to the most recent announcement, the car companies BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Mazda and Nissan will […]
Your brakes are arguably the most important part of your vehicle because they regulate your speed and help prevent accidents. Anyone who has had brake trouble can tell you how important it is to address any problems as quickly as possible. If your car takes a long time to come to a complete stop, or […]