1. The average fuel cost across all vehicles is 14.45 cents per mile, or about 23 miles per gallon.
2. The best selling car of all-time is the Toyota Corolla.
3. The U.S. consumes about half of the world’s gasoline.
4. Ferrari manufactures a maximum of 14 cars a day.
5. Although 1886 is credited with being the birth year of the modern automobile, the first gas gauge wasn’t installed until 1922.
6. Every year, over $60 billion worth of car maintenance goes unperformed.
7. The average consumer spends $400 a year on diagnostics, scheduled maintenance, and tune-ups.
8. Traffic congestion wastes three billion gallons of gas each year.
9. The first windshield wipers were hand-operated.
10. The most commonly stolen vehicle is the Honda Accord.
11. White is the most popular car color.
12. The total average repair cost in the U.S. is $305.55, including $202.28 for parts and $103.27 for labor.
13. The average American will spend two weeks of his or her life stopped at red lights.
14. 90 percent of drivers admit to signing behind the wheel.
15. The first cars did not have steering wheels. They were operated by a lever.
16. An airbag inflates within 40 milliseconds of a crash.
17. It takes half an ounce of gas to start a car.
18. Most car horns beep in the key of “F”.
19. The automobile is the most recycled consumer product in the world.
20. Faulty oxygen sensors account for 40 percent of all check engine light related issues.
Related sources: CarMD.com, Yahoo Autos, Visual.ly, PrecisionTune.com, TexasMotorCars.com
Spring is officially here, and even through some spots around the Twin Cities have been hit with some late season snow, the warm weather is right around the corner. We’ve talked about the importance of prepping your car for winter on the blog before, but keeping your car in tune for spring is just as critical […]
Although St. Patrick’s Day has come and gone, we thought we’d stick with the spirit of the holiday by discussing some “green” car care tips. Proper Tire Care – Taking care of your tires is one of the easiest ways to improve your fuel efficiency. The farther you go on a tank of gas, the […]
Although they may vary greatly in look, the majority of cars are pretty similar when you look at what makes up the actual vehicle. Because of this, most cars are affected by a lot of the same issues. Today, we take a look at five of the most common reasons your car breaks down. 1. […]